So the first five months of this year have gone by, and looking back on them I kind of feel like I haven’t accomplished as much as I wanted to, or probably should have.
- First dance recital!
- Completed Beginner Lyra and am in Intermediate (2 lessons)
- 6 lessons of silk with my new teacher so far.
- Finally being able to chaine (on my left side). God knows how long I took. Having lots of fun with leaps as well.
- Made some decent progress with flexibility.
The to-be-improved ons
- Stretching every day.
- My ever-dying bank account
- Strength training outside of dance and circus.
I’m happy with what I’ve achieved so far. I can’t describe the joy I feel whenever I attend my classes.
Nevertheless, I know I can be doing better. And I’ve said this a million times, but I should be working harder.
New goals for 2016
- Achieving full front and middle splits by December by stretching every day.
- Progress to advanced lyra and working on choreography
- Complete at least 30 silk lessons
- Progress in Dance
- A free-standing handstand
- 30 pull-ups
… and many others. I could go on and on, but these goals will be my priorities.
I’ve been making considerable progress from running the Armstrong Pull up Programme so far. Started with a max of 11 in Week 1 and am at 13 in Week 3 now. Total reps on every other day has been increasing as well, and Friday’s pulls fit in perfectly with my silk lesson so I have a little variety. Moved the schedule up and down a little this week to get a little more rest for my aerial sessions but nevertheless, I crushed Day 2 and 3 both today for W3. Definitely would have gotten more if I had done it tomorrow, but considering my thursday class I had to compromise. I shall give a full review of the program after 8 weeks or so, unless I hit a pretty solid wall before that.